Thursday, March 13, 2014

Classroom Organization Idea


 
Each September, the school I currently work at, provides all of the school supplies that every student in the classroom will need throughout the school year. It is now mid March and all of our school supplies have seemed to have disappeared. Instead of providing new school supplies for each student I have decided to try moving the desks into what I call table groups, we have had this desk arrangement before during the Christmas season, from the U shape we were in previously this month. For each table I have placed a small tub (that I purchased at our local dollar store) with all the supplies the table group will need: scissors, glue sticks, crayons, and extra pencils. I’m hoping that this new arrangement will encourage sharing, discourage students from leaving their seats to get supplies, and encourage students to work together to take care of their new supplies. I have also written the table number on each of the bins so we know what bin belongs to which table. I also made one extra bin for when a student or group of students might need to leave the classroom to work.

 
 
 

2 comments :

  1. How amazing that your school provides supplies for your students!

    ReplyDelete