Saturday, September 24, 2016

A peak at my Classroom and Some Classroom Management tips

So, we are nearing the end of September and I have been so busy that I have not made a blog post in a very long time! My apologies! So this weekend, along with creating my year plan, marking, and planning for next week, I thought it would be a good time to share some pictures of my classroom routines that I have set up for my class this year. This year, I am teaching the oldest group that I have ever taught, they are a grade 4/5 split, but I have kept my routines very similiar to how I ran things with my younger students and things have been running quite smoothly so far! 

The first thing I wanted to share was that for the first time ever my class does not have desks. We have tables and the easiest way I could think of to manage school supplies is to number all of the tables, give each table a bucket for their school supplies, and keep all of the buckets on the shelf that students can have access to. This system is working so far the only hiccup has been when I have moved students because of behaviour or personalities, I also need to be conscious that their school supplies need to move too. Below is a picture of the supply shelf. 

For classroom management I have continued with the points system where students need to gain more points than me to gain their free time at the end of the day. Students gain their points by listening, doing their work, and by being helpful. I earn points on the teacher side when students are off task. 

For our washroom routine, my rule is that only one student is aloud out at a time. Students must ask my permission and then write their name on the bathroom chart. I purchased the green tape at the dollar store. It was actually called classroom tape, but regular masking tape or craft tape would work too. 


As a class we also made this adorable poster to help remind us of the classroom rules. In previous years we have created handprints with paint to sign the poster. This year students traced their hands on construction paper and then decorated and cut out their hand. I then glued all of the hands to the poster which we can refer to all year when we need reminders about the classroom and school rules. 


These and other classroom management strategies and routines can be found in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


No comments :

Post a Comment