Sunday, October 2, 2016

Check Out this Fun Halloween Number Activity!

It is now October, and Halloween is right around the corner! I thought it might be a good time to share a cross curricular math/art lesson idea. For this lesson I told the class that they each needed to choose a number between 0 and 20, and the number needed to be written as big as they can make it on their page (I found bright green paper at my school which I thought was a good fit for this activity). I then showed the class how to turn their number into a bubble number. Next, I told the class that they needed to turn their 'bubble number' into a monster, and lastly their number monster had to have a minimum of 10 number facts that equal their number somewhere on their page. My students really liked this activity and I thought they did a fabulous job turning their numbers into monsters and coming up with their number facts! 


No comments :

Post a Comment