Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Valentine’s Week! 

My class was lucky enough to participate in this year’s Great Canadian Valentine Swap! This year over 250 Canadian classrooms participated! Which is amazing! This Valentine Exchange was organized by Emily from Emmy Mac Shop.Thank you so much Emily for all of the hard work you put into organizing this multi classroom exchange! How the Exchange worked was each participating classroom was placed in a group. My group had 22 other classrooms in it, and each participating classroom sent a valentine to each of the other participating classrooms in the group. My class sent a valentine to classrooms across Canada from Ontario, Northwest Territories, Alberta, and British Columbia. 
For the valentines that my class sent out, my students each wrote a letter to go with their handmade valentine and then I set up a craft table with a variety of crafting supplies. I would not do this next year! I did not think about the price of sending crafts in the mail and some of the letters were quite expensive to send in the mail. Next year each student will definitely all have a common template for their valentine so that all of the envelopes are all the same size when they are ready to go in the mail.

Starting around February 1st, my mail box at
school started to fill up with valentine’s from the classrooms that we sent our Valentine cards to. On Valentine’s Day during our class valentine party I handed out a valentine from the exchange to each of the students in my classroom. My students were very excited and had fun reading and sharing the letters and valentine artwork that they received from their new friends. 


Thank you so much Emily for organizing this fantastic multi school exchange! 

No comments :

Post a Comment